Fitness consists of four elements:
- Cardiovascular Training
- Strength Training
Our group fitness department offers a wide variety of classes to further your fitness goals, many classes overlapping the fitness categories. We invite you to join in and enjoy our many daily classes. We welcome all members and encourage you to participate in the fun and fitness results gained through the motivation of group fitness classes.
CYCLE 45 – A forty-five minute, no impact cardio workout using stationary fitness bikes. There is no learning curve…. Just get on the bike and go!
MAT PILATES – Improve posture, agility and flexibility with this floor work out class based on the principles of Joseph Pilates. This core conditioning class improves posture and balance by strengthening the abdominal and low – back area. May also focus on strengthening upper and lower body with your own body weight and/or equipment.
POWER YOGA – A one hour, energetic yoga practice encompassing Ashtanga and Vinyasa styles. Focus will be on building endurance, strength and flexibility. Great for athletes and any Yogi will enjoy!
KUNDALINI YOGA – Kundalini Yoga focuses on awakening the living energy that rests dormant in the base of the spine through specific breathing, movements, stretching, meditation and chanting; all in precise sequence. The ancient and sacred practice was kept secret by advanced yogis until recently because of its power to wake the Kundalini and allow for enlightenment in this lifetime. It must be practiced with care and intent. This ninety minute session focuses on psycho-spiritual growth, giving special consideration to the role of the spine and the endocrine system. **Cost is $5 per session.
- CARDIO BODY SCULPTING – Create a leaner, stronger body with a blend of cardio – step and total body resistance training. This class utilizes a height – adjustable step and simple movements on, over and around the step. Cardio blocks push fat burning systems into high gear followed by muscle conditioning tracks that shape and tone your body.
- CARDIO PUMP IT UP – A cardio, muscle conditioning class designed to enhance muscle tone, definition and endurance using bands, balls, weights, as well as your own body weight for resistance. This class is Silver & Fit approved.
- HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING (HIIT) – Attain maximal results in minimal time with HIIT. High intensity movements are combined with rest intervals to create a multi-level workout proven to improve physical endurance and body composition. Class is easily adaptable to all levels.
- HF 20/10 – A high-intensity workout protocol that has fitness and weight-loss benefits. This class will be an hour in duration that will incorporate a 10 minute warm up and cool down. The workout is as follows: 20 seconds of intense training, 10 seconds of rest, and total of 8 rounds.
- I HIP HOP – The next bid dance craze that is sweeping the nation. I Hip Hop is a new dance fitness format where you not only get a great workout that is fun, you get to escape.
- ZUMBA – This is a cardio class based on international rhythms, including Latin, Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia, Cha Cha, Reggeaton, and more! Fun and effective, this class will reshape your entire body. No dance experience necessary. Let the music move you!